Re: [p2-dev] Sharing Your Shared Install Issues

The other thing needed for rpm is to be able to verify that the
provisioning will go through successfully before actually doing it. This
is important because the rpm is doing this as root user. I believe
-verifyOnly accomplishes this. If so, then this is just meant to
emphasize its importance.

[...]

Cheers,
   Sami

This applies to Debian as well.  Though, I am curious - do you want to
run this during build or install.  Personally I assume it is the former
case, thus only direct dependencies of the build process and the plugin
being built will be present during the verification[1].

I meant for this to be done during the install so that if an rpm installation fails it does not corrupt the users' installation.

Back to the top