Re: [p2-dev] System wide installations on Fedora

> I am not an expert on shared installs though, so maybe someone else can give you more hints on how to do this exactly.

Very interested in automated ways to deploy on Fedora/RHEL as well.

For our supported development environment, we simply run manually
updates / plugins installs as root (on a vanilla Eclipse deployed
under /opt with appropriate symlinks to hide the SR/micro version).
Regular users then simply use it, and it has worked well so far.

But I appreciate the challenge of reproducing this procedure with
packaged / offline artifacts....
Thanks in advance for keeping us informed!

Cheers,

Mathieu

Back to the top