Re: [p2-dev] Trying to chase down required bundles processing

Hi Dom,

What is the error message returned by p2?
When installing bundles from a legacy update site (site.xml), p2 does an additional resolution phase at the end of the install to check the consistency of the resulting installation since all the necessary MD was not available up front. This is done in EclipseTouchpoint#validateProfile

HTH

PaScaL

On 2011-08-26, at 8:25 AM, Domenico Alessi wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to debug something in p2.   I see that my installations fail when it comes to required bundles in the MANIFEST.MF files and I am trying to track down how this is processed with a legacy site.xml site and not an up to date p2 site (content and artifact jars).     I can't seem to find where it actually tries to resolve the file path and install of these bundles but I do see the provided capabilities get handled.  BTW, I am not saying this is a bug in p2, I have added some code into the platform and trying to debug, but I have not added any code in this area when it comes to MANIFEST.MF processing.

Thanks in advance,
Dom