[p2-dev] FW: [equinox-dev] How to set activate on startup to 'true' in bundles.info file

Fw Pradeep's question to p2-dev.

> But I'm not clear the what makes it 'true' or 'true' in the bundles.info file.
> like, "all bundles that has an activator will be activated by startup."

Basically by default all the bundles are marked not to be started ("false" in bundles.info) which is the behavior Neil suggested (there's no check for activator presence).
If you wish your bundle to be started you have to configure it explicitly - you can do that following the blog Tom pointed to:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3077282/in-equinox-is-it-possible-to-to-mark-an-osgi-bundle-as-started-from-its-containin
or Shenol's instructions.

> may be this is a trivial question, but I couldnt find a document
> explaining that.
As for documentation I believe this page describes the concept of "configurator" and the existing implementation (simple configurator):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configurator

Could you please check if it answers your question? Any feedback how to improve it would be greatly appreciated by the community.

Kind regards,
Katya