Re: [p2-dev] Problem updating singleton plugins with p2

Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation and for the proposal! I tried it the way you proposed:

1) Removed the feature from my update.product file
2) Created update.p2.inf file in project's root directory (I'm using tycho) with this content:

requires.1.namespace = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu
requires.1.name = update.feature.feature.group
requires.1.range = (1.0.0, 2.0.0)

After I ran the build my repository just contained content.xml, artifacts.xml and one file in the binaries directory. It is missing the feature jar and the three plugin jars.

I tried to put the p2.inf file in the META-INF directory, but the result was similar.

I ran tycho in debug mode, but the output did not say much what the reasons for adding some files and not adding others are.

I even tried to change the version ranges, but no luck.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks,
Ivan