Re: [p2-dev] SimpleConfigurator/bundles.info not get created in the product structure

Hi Pradeep,

In my experience it is necessary to include the p2 features directly in the product:
You can either include them in your feature [1].
Or include them directly in your product file [2].

I hope this helps.

With both techniques we end-up hardcoding the exact version of p2 and equinox used by the product.
I wish there was a way to have a looser coupling and I tried a variant of [1] where I simply 'require' the p2 features.
Unfortunately, p2-director would not generate the simple configurator in the case.
If someone knows how to do this let us know!

Cheers,
Hugues

[1] http://git.eclipse.org/c/rtp/org.eclipse.rtp.git/tree/packages/org.eclipse.rtp.package.basic.feature/feature.xml
Then: http://git.eclipse.org/c/rtp/org.eclipse.rtp.git/tree/packages/org.eclipse.rtp.package.products/org.eclipse.rtp.package.basic.product