Re: [p2-dev] Repository migration to Git - Today

True. The .cvsignore files were bogus anyway and needed cleaning up. A .gitignore at the repository root would have covered many cases, but at least in p2 there were a half dozen projects with other things in the ignore file, like "lib", "bin_ant", etc. Managing this at the project level seemed the most reliable way to get that kind of control.

John