Re: [p2-dev] Repository migration to Git - Today

It looks like the conversion isn't complete. This repository is full of fake commits inserted by cvs2svn. There is a script to fix that up. You might want to double-check with Paul but I think it is this one:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Juno_Git_Migration_Recipe#Move_tags_into_place

John

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Andrew Niefer <aniefer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The p2 cvs repository has now been converted to git.

Read only access through
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git
Write access through
ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git

I have updated the map files in the releng project so that tonight's N-Build will be built from git.

Please see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git#Committers_new_to_Git for information on how to get started with git.

-Andrew

From: DJ Houghton/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/19/2011 01:39 PM
Subject: [p2-dev] Repository migration to Git - Today
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

As discussed in the Equinox call last week, we are going to migrate the p2 repository to git this afternoon.
Please refrain from releasing code to the CVS repo until we send a message that the migration is complete.
Once the migration is complete the CVS repo will be considered read-only and builds, etc will be done from the new git repo.

Related/similar messages about the conversion of the rest of the Equinox repositories can be found in the equinox-dev mailing list archives:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/equinox-dev/msg06891.html
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/equinox-dev/msg06896.html

Thanks.