Re: [p2-dev] Installing a Eclipse based product

So, i have changed the productID to myProduct.feature.feature.group and the installation works fine, but without any executables. Run the p2 director with productID: myProduct.product copy the binaries to the destination folder, and i can start my product. But the problem now is that my product is not p2 enabled and when i copy additional plugins to the dropins folder, my product couldn't find it.
The links don't seem to refer to anything related to creating installs.
Could you please double check?

On 2011-07-19, at 11:16 AM, Boian Tomov wrote:

Hi,

i'm try to migrate my current eclipse product from ganymede (3.4) to Indigo.
The problem is, when i run the p2 installer (described in http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fjdt_apt_building_with_apt.htm - Installing a complete product ),
the p2 director ends very short successfully and the result folder contains only the p2 folder, the plugins folder and artifacts.xml.
I shorter look in the result, showed that the product executable file, the features folder are missing.
The installation repository contains all needed plugins and features, and was build such in the documentation (http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fjdt_apt_building_with_apt.htm)

The same scenario has worked fine in Ganymede, but no more in indigo. Maybe i miss some steps?
Thank you in advantage.

Regards,
Boian