Re: [p2-dev] Creating P2's default profile

> I then tried to install an IU with provinstall "name" "version", which
> didn't work because the command complains about a missing profile. I
> tried again with provinstall "name" "version" "profileId", which worked

This is strange, I guess you should have had a default profile picked up; ie _SELF_

> After calling confapply my IU / plugins are now installed (?)

Well not exactly; AFAIK calling confapply reloads the bundles.info file that keeps track of the installed bundles and their start level and active state or not. Calling confapply is like applying your changes in the p2 profile to your osgi runtime

> I'm not able to see the new plugins in ss or bundles and couldn't find
> a way to start/stop them. Did I do something wrong, or how are bundles
> in p2 profiles managed?

So that means that the confapply did not work as expected :-/
Go check if the ius you tried to install got fetched and put in a folder near your profile folder (../../../ or something)
Moving on, try to use another profile, I never used the one you are referring to; if working in your ide, pde provides an easy option :
Software installation
[]support software installation in the launched application

Moreover, from my (short) experience, working with products is the best when playing with p2.
Regards,
Anthony

Le contenu de ce courriel s'adresse au destinataire seulement. Il contient de l'information pouvant être confidentielle. Vous ne devez ni le copier ni l'utiliser ni le divulguer à qui que ce soit à moins que vous soyez le destinataire ou une personne désignée autorisée. Si vous le receviez par erreur, veuillez nous aviser immédiatement et le détruire.