Re: [p2-dev] Working with Apache Felix

Hi,

I took a look at the actual situation and even though when you load the code you get a lot of red X's, it is not that bad :)
I captured a description of the situation and some of the work necessary at http://wiki.eclipse.org/P2_on_felix
This page also includes instructions on how to get setup.

HTH

PaScaL

On 2011-06-15, at 10:21 AM, DJ Houghton wrote:

Hi Nicholas,

As a first step we should try and document the obvious problems in bugzilla.
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs
Bugs should be entered against RT/Equinox/p2 and put the word "[felix]" in the subject line to easily identify relevant bugs.

It also wouldn't hurt to create a wiki page to document the progress, open issues, etc. I would put it in the p2 category.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:Equinox_p2

Katya's note contains a couple of hints and gotchas that she discovered when working on the problem initially.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg04198.html

For loading the code into your workspace, refer to my previous email for repository connection information.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg04190.html

Initial coding can be done against the projects in the Equinox incubator since the Framework Admin extensions for Felix are separate and only contained there. Once there are more changes to be made in the standard Equinox bundles (simple configurator, Eclipse touchpoint, etc) then we will have to discuss whether to branch in the incubator (and deal with the merging issues, etc) or to come up with a different approach.

We should try and keep discussions about specific problems in the bug reports but if you have setup questions, etc this mailing list is probably the best forum.

Let us know if you have any questions/problems. Thanks.

dj

<graycol.gif>Nicholas Ustinov ---06/13/2011 02:48:25 PM---Thank you DJ, thank you Pascal for your answers. I'm interested in full-blown core & operations API,

<ecblank.gif>
From:
<ecblank.gif>
Nicholas Ustinov <nustinov@xxxxxxxxx>