Re: [p2-dev] Remove plugins from installed feature

Installing each element individually will definitely work and will not bring the feature since the relationship between the junit iu and the feature iu is only one way from the feature to the plugin.

Another way to address this issue is to write a feature patch that will prevent the installation of junit by using a negative requirement.
Attached is an example of such a feature. I also just committed a test called PatchTestUsingNegativeRequirement that shows it working.
However the authoring of such an IU will require the manual tweak of the XML.

On 2011-06-16, at 6:59 PM, Abdelhalim Ragab wrote:

So, as an alternative solution, can I install the individual plugins
using the director? when I tried to do that, I found the whole feature
installed.

..Abdelhalim

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Abdelhalim Ragab <abdelhalim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Generally speaking, features represent just one potential grouping of bundles for a particular usecase and are therefore not usable in all circumstances. If you find yourself willing to remove this bundle or that bundle,then it is a good sign that you should have your own feature or talk to the owner of the feature to break it down further

So basically there is no way to force the removal of specific plugin
from a feature while maintaining p2 metadata consistency?