Phone:  (507)253-5383
E-mail:  dperaza@xxxxxxxxxx

"The important thing is to never stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein

----- Forwarded by David Peraza/Rochester/IBM on 06/06/2011 02:17 PM -----
From: David Peraza/Rochester/IBM
To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/06/2011 02:00 PM
Subject: P2 updates and uninstall failled for bundles not installed using p2.

Hello,

We are developing an OSGi product and I'm task to code the update flow. I have selected to go with p2 repositories being the source of our updates and fixes. Everything is going well I'm able to install new bundles, updates those bundles I install and even able to rollback to a specific timestamp. However, when I try to updates bundles that did not get installed using p2, it fails saying there is no updates found. I tried un-installing  using your provremove and then install the new version of the bundle using provinstall and they both succeed. But, when I restart our app I see both version running side by side, which is something we want to avoid.

Question:

Is there a specific config that I need to preform to our drivers so that bundles can be updated using p2?

Note: I do see all bundles of the product under the default profile. So it strikes me as strange that I can't update them.

Best Regards,

David Peraza
Software Engineer
STG Emerging Solutions - Cloud Computing
https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki2/display/kstart/ES+Technology+Preview+Home
IBM Rochester, Minnesota
Phone:  (507)253-5383
E-mail:  dperaza@xxxxxxxxxx

"The important thing is to never stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein

Back to the top