[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] A working example of custom p2 provisioning action
- From: Борислав Капукаранов <b.kapukaranov@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 22:02:51 +0300
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=IicmRBxlcTgp10SWX7+5jJEiD5Z+vyM7zBGND2IxBYfugrYy3qt4f9T/Cqv3/ulNwF e2PPn0uaQaASZsOFSadMZRBZHd7fTTGLdmN/0ClCleNbOjqvR5hIGGF/n0XmZo1Rob8F KlifPzoRnuRIrbnF32Rt/XtmZXFM+9uEfyJRg=
Probably its best to start by taking a look at the provisioning actions provided in the "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse" project.
They are quite good example if you want to learn how its done :)
If you are seeking to provide custom provisioning action i think you have two options:
1. You can either enhance the p2.touchpoint.eclipse by just include your prov action in there and describe it in p2.touchpoint.eclipse's plugin.xml file. (probably the easier one but you end up with customized standard bundle which is not the best solution)
2. Provide your own touchpoint (this is where all the fun is :) )
2011/5/29 Никита Прокопов <prokopov@xxxxxxxxx>
I’m trying to write a custom p2 provisioning action to execute my own code when installing feature. I haven’t found any docs on this topic in the web, and it’s hard to debug because eclispe silently ignores me (even in a log). The only example I’ve found is here: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg04002.html, but it seems not working (I cannot install plugins provided in 3.6.2).
So, if somebody can point me at a working example of custom provisioning action, that would help me understand the whole thing.
p2-dev mailing list