Re: [p2-dev] How to turn of the security warning during a feature installation

Thank you, Eugen, for the suggestion. But I'm running the update through UI. Wonder how to override UIService in this situation.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

Inactive hide details for Eugen Reiswich ---05/27/2011 08:46:25 AM---Hi Samuel,  I had the same problem while invoking the updaEugen Reiswich ---05/27/2011 08:46:25 AM---Hi Samuel, I had the same problem while invoking the update operation programmatically. To overcome

Eugen Reiswich <ereiswich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/27/2011 08:46 AM

Re: [p2-dev] How to turn of the security warning during a feature installation

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Samuel,

I had the same problem while invoking the update operation programmatically. To overcome this issue the P2 community suggested to override UIService within the ProvisioningAgent:

/**
* This service forces P2 not to open a validation dialog ("...you're installing
* untrusted content..."). Otherwise the dialog will block headless RCP
* applications during install/update operations.
*
* @author e.reiswich
* @date 2011-02-14
*
*/
public class ValidationDialogService extends UIServices {

private final Logger LOGGER = Logger
.getLogger(ValidationDialogService.class.getName());

@Override
public AuthenticationInfo getUsernamePassword(String location) {
// nothing yet
return null;
}

@Override
public AuthenticationInfo getUsernamePassword(String location,
AuthenticationInfo previousInfo) {
// nothing yet
return null;
}

@Override
public TrustInfo getTrustInfo(Certificate[][] untrustedChain,
String[] unsignedDetail) {
LOGGER.info("TrustedInfo overridden");
boolean trustUnsigned = true;
boolean persistTrust = true;

Certificate[] trusted = new Certificate[0];
TrustInfo trustInfo = new TrustInfo(trusted, trustUnsigned,
persistTrust);
return trustInfo;
}

/**
* This method will override the default UIServices instance within the
* provisioning agent. This will prevent the blocking "...you're installing
* untrusted content..." dialog to appear.
*
* @param agent
* The P2 provisioning agent.
*/
public void bindProvisioningAgent(IProvisioningAgent agent) {
LOGGER.info("ValidationDialogService: UIServices overridden");
agent.registerService(UIServices.SERVICE_NAME, this);
}

}

The IProvisioningAgent instance is retrieved using DS.

Eugen