[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] Buckminster builds completely broke when moving from M6 to RC1
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:12:42 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20110428 Fedora/3.1.10-1.fc14 Lightning/1.0b2 Thunderbird/3.1.10
I found the packages. Apparently they moved to a pde bundle. After that, only three problem remained:
1. The FeatureManifestParser parse() method apparently changed signature. It now takes an additional URL argument. This
is an internal class so I guess that kind of change is OK even after M6.
2. The AdviceFileAdvice moved from package o.e.e.p2.publisher.eclipse to o.e.e.p2.publisher. The packages are not internal.
3. I had to introduce a dependency to a new bundle in order to build, o.e.e.p2.publisher.eclipse.
I found the magnitude of those post M6 changes somewhat surprising given what I perceived last year as very strict
rules. The changes were easy to accommodate but it makes me wonder why we for instance had to keep the completely empty
query bundle around. Did the rules change?
On 2011-05-14 09:27, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Our builds are completely broken. Things that built just fine in 3.7M6 no longer builds. The reason seems to be that
the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.eclipse package and it's internal counter part can no longer be found.
So, where did they go?
p2-dev mailing list