[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Planner explanation question
- From: "Todorova, Katya" <katya.todorova@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 19:40:58 +0200
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcwQy8C02o/frThfSGK5IzN94m3FyA==
- Thread-topic: Planner explanation question
I came across a strange behavior of p2 planner - it hides information when trying to resolve an IU and resolution fails (due to missing requirements for example).
If there are more than one missing requirements the final explanation (and corresponding MultiStatus) will contain only the first one found. This default behavior
could be avoided if "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.explain" property is set to "false" in the provisioning context used by the planner.
I thought that the explanation is supposed to contain more details than the "ordinary" status but it turned out it's not the case and it contains even less. Is that expected?
If yes, any idea why?
Thanks in advance,