[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] p2 replacement for InstallHandler
- From: Andrey Razumovsky <razumovsky.andrey@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:50:59 +0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=udKXmgQK9qdl8msRmxcL1faZAAv5nWq3I+CVe5Rr8/R0chZ5UnilB6fUeHAzqXXRjR l59LSf5UJ1tfBXtrh7Sy2wyerUg8TQbYSIY6ouV+fPSwTjLS7U9bqomf/uL5lGKkFuJG lY2ux4BNVHYRFSc1fepmiLbgKpGW8J3SEyvpo=
Thanks for pointing this out. The provisioning actions seem to be the
right path for me. I've got a bunch of questions:
1. I didn't understand how to view the output of your example - it
outputs everything to System.out instead of Eclipse log. Is there a
way I can debug provisioning actions from PDE?
2. ProvisioningAction moved to other package in Eclipse 3.6+. Does
that mean that I'll need to provide two separate plugins for 3.5 and
3. Does the feature that runs install action need to be separate from
feature that contains the plugin with action implementation, like in
your example? Can I put p2.inf only to 1 plugin and 1 feature that
contains it? (or maybe even just to plugin??)
2011/3/30 Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> The installer handlers are replaced by a combination of two concepts:
> - touchpoint, touchpoint actions, that allows to run code as part of the execution
> - metarequirements that are usually carried by the IU that uses this actions and thus helps in making sure that the action is properly installed before the installation proceeds.
> Here is an example attached.
> On 2011-03-25, at 7:04 AM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:
>> I noticed that all org.eclipse.update.core bundle and InstallHandler
>> in particular were deprecated, but the description is very poor. How
>> can I implement install handler for my plugin/feature using Equinox
>> API? Can I have a simple example of p2.inf?
>> p2-dev mailing list
> p2-dev mailing list