Re: [p2-dev] use of dropins support in rcp app?

Hi Scott,

We did have some problems in the past where the bundles were already loaded and the fragments only worked on the 2nd invocation [1] as well as recently where the fragments were providing translations to the fragment.xml file (rather than for Java code) [2] but both those issues should be resolved.

Is the ProfileChangeRequest being created corrected? The method #getAllIUsFromRepos() is also interesting because it should be including your drop-ins folder (and new IUs) in its search.

dj

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/285621
[2] https://bugs.eclipse.org/339211

Inactive hide details for Scott Lewis ---03/23/2011 06:02:56 PM---Hi DJ, Thanks for responding.Scott Lewis ---03/23/2011 06:02:56 PM---Hi DJ, Thanks for responding.

Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/23/2011 06:02 PM

Re: [p2-dev] use of dropins support in rcp app?

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi DJ,

Thanks for responding.

I am doing the debug/stepping through thing. But I need to ask...in this case what's being installed via dropins are *fragments*...for internationalization/language support. The host bundle for these bundles is already installed.

Is there anything other/more that needs to be done in such a case? (other than just start the reconciler and the directory watcher?). It seems that when the fragment is put into the dropins directory the reconciler ignores it (at least that's what's happened so far in tests)...and so obviously it doesn't get resolved...before or after framework restart.

Thanks for any further info and/or pointers,

Scott