[p2-dev] use of dropins support in rcp app?

Hey,

Is there any documentation on the use of the 'dropins' directory support in an rcp app? From what I've seen, I expect that these plugins need to be present and started (and p2 dependencies of course):

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.directorywatcher

Question: are there other things that need to be done (other than having a dropins folder in install location), in order to have p2 install bundles and/or fragments that are added to the dropins folder of an rcp application? What I'm seeing is that although these bundles are present and started (at app startup), adding bundles to the dropins folder is currently ignored.

Thanksinadvance for any pointers,

Scott

Back to the top