[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] How to locally change/patch an official plugin/feature?
- From: Patric Rufflar <patric@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:56:20 +0100
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Dynamic Internet Messaging Program (DIMP) H3 (1.1.2)
I'd like to fix a bug in an official eclipse plugin
(org.eclipse.jsdt.jsp.core, part of the WTP).
I locally changed the source code and debugged it - everything works fine.
Now I'd like to propagate this change to my eclipse installation, but
I am facing problems.
To achieve this I created and installed a feature patch.
The feature patch has been installed successfully but -unfortunately -
not the included patched plugin.
The original/unpatched version of the plugin is still installed and
active according to the "Eclipse Installation Details".
When looking at the plugins folder I cannot see the jar of the patched plugin.
I'd like to know:
- Why? what I am doing wrong?
- Does this something have to do with signing of the official plugins?
- Is there a log to see why the patched plugin has not been installed?
- Is a feature patch the best way to locally modify an official
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you and best regards,