Re: [p2-dev] CLI tool to execute a p2 query?

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Brian de Alwis <briandealwis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just re-provisioning a workspace to work on e4 and needed to add the Eclipse test harness bundles (org.eclipse.core.tests.harness). ÂI couldn't figure out which feature includes them, and eventually gave up and just checked them out from source. ÂAnd I'm now looking for a feature containing a different bundle.
>
> I'm sure I can build a p2 query to figure this out, given enough time. ÂBut I wondered if there's an p2 cli app that already does this, or that I can use to execute the query? Â(p2grep?)

I wrote a p2 console command awhile ago that you may find useful...

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Console_Users_Guide

provlquery <repository URI | *> <expression> [ true | false ]
Lists the IUs that match the query expression in the given repo. *
matches all. The expression is expected to be a boolean match
expression unless the third argument is true, in which case the
expression is a full query.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk