Re: [p2-dev] How to add a new feature to an existing repository?

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you so much, Paul/Brian/Shenol, for you kind advices. It works fine now. I ran the build to append the new features to the existing repository and then started categoryPublisher to generate the category for the whole repository.
I'm just wondering whether the feature version number in the file category.xml can be more generic. Our feature version contains a time stamp which keeps changing in each build. I need to manually change the version number in category.xml before running it. Hope I can set a generic version number. But this is not a big deal.

You can use p2 query in your category.xml (AFAIK) to have a static category.xml that can categorize your p2 repo.

What about http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/org.eclipse.orbit.releng/maps/category.xml?root=Tools_Project&view=co&content-type=text/plain

PW

--
Paul Webster