[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[p2-dev] Subsystem provisioning
- From: "Todorova, Katya" <katya.todorova@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:38:21 +0100
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Acu7gewA9NLyImZPQ+aQdwcLXS4s6AARmPMw
- Thread-topic: Subsystem provisioning
As subsystems are getting more and more used nowadays, here comes the logical question how to provision them in a standard way.
Eclipse Virgo using subsystems to model its runtime is one example. Currently, it is very hard to install and even harder to update a particular Virgo subsystem with existing p2 tools.
Subsystem concept (rfc152) is not supposed to define initial provisioning process. Do you think p2 should be aware of subsystem existence and could fill that "gap"?
Thanks in advance for your comments,