[p2-dev] making p2 metadata serializable

Tycho calculates and maintains build target platform for each project
individually. For larger builds, with tens or even hundreds of projects,
target platform resolution becomes quite time consuming so I am looking
for ways to optimise this. One optimisation I am considering is caching
resolved target platform instances between re-builds of the same project
and I was hoping to use serialization as an easy way to implement this.

p2 metadata is part of target platform state Tycho needs to maintain and
unfortunately p2 metadata is not serializable.

So as the subject says, is there a chance p2 metadata will become
serializable in 3.7 or I should look for alternative solutions?

Igor

Back to the top