[p2-dev] Change Request Debugging

Hi,

We are continuing to build an app on a headless equinox container that provides p2 installation facilities over an http interface and are running into issues with installing certain bundles.  We can install many features into the container and apply changes and start the bundles, but certain features are installing bundles that cause p2 to restart the already running servlets, and the http client never gets a response.

We've run across a generalized discussion of why this happens (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg02006.html) but is there a good way to actually debug/diagnose this behaviour?  Or, better yet, is there a way to exclude certain bundles from being considered as part of the installation plan?  The servlet and it's supporting middle tier bundles are a bootstrap mechanism that we want running no matter what.

Thanks!

Kevin

Back to the top