Re: [p2-dev] exporting the dependencies of a feature

> Yes, I now understand that the Publisher only generates the metadata. What confused me is that it is also "publishing" the binary for the feature.

The distinction between "build" and "publish" is a little gray when it comes to features.  What you are seeing is that the built form of a feature is a directory on disk with various files. For p2 we want to JAR up the feature and zip up the root files (if any) and stash them in the repo. That is purely an internal implementation detail of how we are storing things in p2 and therefore separate from PDE etc.

Jeff

Back to the top