[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] Is there a way to group features together: some kind of abstraction
- From: Jeff McAffer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 11:00:13 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Need more use case information.
- if someone installs the parent and a child is not available what should happen?
- if the parent is installed, a child removed and then the parent is updated, what should happen?
- if the user installs the parent and then uninstalls the parent, do the children remain?
There are any number of corner cases. In general you should be able to design dependencies to capture the various behaviours but it will likely involve some use of p2.inf files if you go beyond the straight forward feature include/require semantics.
On 2010-12-22, at 1:13 PM, Pradeep Fernando wrote:
> Thank you all, for all the insights,
>> Simply create a feature that refers to these two features and you are set
> I'm using this approach right now, and stuck when it comes to
> uninstalling features independent of one another.
>> The category approach previously mentioned will somewhat provide "one entry" to select for the user but there will still be a case where the user can drill down and unselect things.
> sorry. I didn't get what you are trying to say. what can go wrong if I
> choose proposed 'category' approach ? any better way to achieve things
>> have you tried to create p2 category?
> I'm having a look at it right now. thanks for your pointer. :)
> p2-dev mailing list