Re: [p2-dev] Executing a P2 traverse query

Am 15.12.2010 18:33, schrieb David Orme:
> Why?  Nobody on the team could come up with an argument that we needed
> anything more complicated than a standard Java
> Thread.currentThread.sleep(bunchOTime) to schedule a recurring thing to
> happen at some time in the future.

Personally, I prefer having more explicit API and usually use a
self-scheduling job for this. This has the benefit of very clean API.

Job#schedule()
Job#cancel()

If the real Job isn't capable of self-scheduling you can wrap it like this:
Job realJob = ...;
Job schedulingJob = new Job("blah") {
  protected IStatus run(...) {
    // start real job