Re: [p2-dev] How to build an update site for a product?

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for the suggestion, Michael. I understand that the features included in a product can't be updated without updating the product itself and I've set up something similar to yours to work around this issue.

A product can be composed in such a way that some features are
updateable independently of the product (it's similar to what's
described here, but deliberate).  You can also take the features of
the product and "re-install" them, making them available as root IUs
makes them updateable.

See http://aniefer.blogspot.com/2009/07/composing-and-updating-custom-eclipse.html

Later,
PW