[p2-dev] Use of P2 with non-Eclipse based applications

Hi,

I am working on a desktop application that uses OSGI and the Eclipse plug-in registry. We are looking at P2 and wondering if it is possible to re-use it as part of our plug-in update mechanism.

I've been reading the developer documentation at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2, but it's unclear to me if we can hook into P2 - and if so - is there a step-by-step guide for integration for non-Eclipse based applications? (Our UI is Java Swing).

I'm also wondering if P2 only works with the Equinox implementation of OSGI, or if it works with others?

Thank you,
Jennifer

Back to the top