[p2-dev] Any reason why Eclipse doesn't load plugins from 'dropins' directory?

Hi,

I have an Eclipse 3.6 (Classic or WTP) installation in which I
installed all the necessary plugin dependencies of my own plugins. Now
I want to drop my plugins into the dropins folder.

I have tried all the possible formats mentioned here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started#Dropins

Eclipse simply ignores them: Eclipse doesn't get the needed
functionality, Installation Details does not show them, and the Error
Log shows no error.

What can the problem be? I simply don't see it. The plugins that I
drop are simply copied from an Eclipse 3.6 based product that if I
run, I get all the extra functionality brought by my plugins. So
everything should work.

Any idea, help, thinks to look for, hack to make this work?

Thanks!
Gabriel

PS: I don't want to build an update site because this is part of a
test process that needs to be like that.

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
Mobile: +41(0)787978034

Back to the top