Re: [p2-dev] p2 bundle versions

This is kind of my original point. If the interface is expected to be implemented by clients (does not have an @noimplement tag) then it is a breaking API change and would force an update of the major version. But in many cases we have friends relationships in the p2 bundles that allow p2 bundles to implement "internal" API of other p2 bundles. In these cases it may be appropriate to have a more brittle relationship between the friends relationships.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Ian Bull ---07/12/2010 03:42:18 PM---When a new method is added to an interface, do we not up the majIan Bull ---07/12/2010 03:42:18 PM---When a new method is added to an interface, do we not up the major version number? cheers,

Ian Bull <irbull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

07/12/2010 03:42 PM

Re: [p2-dev] p2 bundle versions