Re: [p2-dev] Is there a way to reset the platform programatically to force reload of product plugin?

If you are using the operations API (bundle: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations, see classes like InstallOperation, UpdateOperation, etc.), you can set a flag on the ProfileModificationJob (#setRestartPolicy()) returned from the operations.
Otherwise you can use the Configurator service (implemented by org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator). You can find an example of this service being in the class ProvisioningOperationRunner.

HTH

On 2010-07-07, at 2:05 PM, James Perry wrote:

Hi All,

I have a situation where I am using P2 to install help plugins. These help plugins also contain a new product plugin. Once the install completes, I need to load the product plugin data into the platform (without restarting). Is there an API to do this?

Thanks much,

James Perry

Rational User Assistance
IBM