[p2-dev] Defining the naming rules for downloaded bundles

Hello everyone,

I am using the p2 director to install a set of bundles but I’d like to define some general rules how their file names are formed after fetching the jar files from the repository. For example, org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar from the p2 repository must be downloaded as org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.jar, i.e. the version substring in the file name should be removed. Is there a user-friendly way to do it ?

I noticed that there is a section for the naming rules defined in artifact.xml + fields with a similar purpose in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository class which makes me think that there should be a way to override the default mapping rules from the outside.

Thanks and regards,
Shenny

Back to the top