[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fw: [p2-dev] Failed to run the product build
- From: Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:51:30 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, Andrew, for the suggestion. It works find for exporting the product from the Eclipse GUI but doesn't work for the headless build.
1. The first thing I tried was to unzip eclipse-3.6RC3-delta-pack.zip in the eclipse dropins directory and update the pluginpath in build.properties file topluginPath=D:/eclipse-SDK-3.6RC3/eclipse/dropins/eclipse,
The product export works fine but headless build doesn't include plugin.exe
2. I then tried to build an update site to include feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable and install the feature into Eclipse. I got the same result.
3. I manually copied feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable to the features folder, somehow the feature installation didn't create the folder. It still doesn't work for the headless build.
Anything else I can check? Thanks.
----- Forwarded by Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM on 06/13/2010 10:43 AM -----
06/10/2010 10:50 AM
Re: Fw: [p2-dev] Failed to run the product build
There is a setting on the overview tab of the .product editor "The product includes native launcher artifacts". Make sure this is selected.
Also, in a headless build you will need the org.eclipse.equinox.executable feature to be present. This feature is part of the deltapack:
When using the deltapack make sure you get the version from the same build as the rest of your target.
In a headless build you can extract the deltapack to some directory and use the "pluginPath" property to point to the eclipse folder from it.
For the version thing you before, I tried to explain earlier. The releng build uses map files that specify a specific tag to get from cvs:
The build checks out that specific "v20100503" version from cvs, it does not get the latest from head.
Each week, the developers tag their code in cvs with a new version then update the map file to refer to the new tag. If they don't update the map file with a new version, then the old version keeps getting used.
06/09/2010 09:35 PM
[p2-dev] Failed to run the product build
This is a test with Eclipse 3.6 RC3. I have a product build which has a feature which includes Eclipse platform. I also have a headless build for the product. After the product build, I found that eclipse.exe was not included in the package generated. So I added it manually. When I tried to run it, I got the error message "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion library. Can you please shed some light?
p2-dev mailing list