Re: [p2-dev] A scary thought

Luckily that's not how it works. The mirror itself is never consulted as a p2 repository, i.e., we never read the artifacts.jar/compositeArtifacts.jar at the mirror location. When we have a mirror location, we just replace the prefix in the artifact URL with the mirror location, and directly fetch the artifact over HTTP. The mirror must contain the same artifacts in the same disk layout as the repository that it is mirroring. If it is a different type of repository it won't work (the artifact won't be found and it will try again on the next mirror).

John