[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:08:16 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100430 Fedora/3.0.4-2.fc12 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.4
I've had some discussions regarding how to set the mirrorsURL. One idea
that came up was to let it point to a composite. If I'm correct that is
a very bad idea because it means that in order to find an artifact, p2
will do the following:
1. It finds an artifact composite. The composite appoints an artifact repo.
2. The artifact repo contains a mirrorsURL. p2 picks that up.
3. p2 selects a mirror.
4. Now we're back at #1.
It will take some time to find that artifact...
Is this the way it works? If it is, perhaps this needs to be communicated.