Re: [p2-dev] Disabling apply now

Is there any reason why we think people are starting to hit the "apply now" button any more than they did in the past? As far as I know we have had the "apply now" button since 3.0. Are there more cases now where hitting the "apply now" button causes failure?

To say the least, I am hesitant to put this change post RC4. Especially for an issue that has been around for 6+ years.

Tom

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---06/05/2010 09:31:00 AM---In the last few weeks, three bugs came in from people whPascal Rapicault ---06/05/2010 09:31:00 AM---In the last few weeks, three bugs came in from people who hit the "apply now" button and were disappointed to see that Eclipse

Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/05/2010 09:31 AM

[p2-dev] Disabling apply now

In the last few weeks, three bugs came in from people who hit the "apply now" button and were disappointed to see that Eclipse started throwing a bunch of exceptions.
Of course, not realizing what was the root cause of this (Eclipse is not dynamic), ppl are blaming p2....

Given that the only plugin that can be installed dynamically is the releng plugins (at least that's the only one I know of), I think the default configuration of the SDK should not be offering the "apply now" option in the dialog.

Given that this is a simple change, I would like that we think about this for 3.6, yes I said 3.6 :)

p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx