Re: [p2-dev] Repository load timeout

i'm no friend of system properties.. i'll use your the progressmonitor method you suggested.

thanks,
michael

Am 28.05.2010 um 15:42 schrieb Pascal Rapicault:

This is indeed a blocking call. You can control the transport timeout using some of the following properties http://wikieclipse.org/Equinox/p2/TransportDebugging
However I wonder if you would not be better off calling cancel on your progress monitor.

On 2010-05-28, at 8:33 AM, Michael Mangeng wrote:

Hi all!

I think this is a question which has been answered before but i cannot find it in the archives.

In the backend of a web-ui i do:
try {
repo = metadataRepoMgr.loadRepository(repoLoc, new NullProgressMonitor());
} ...

to force reload of the repo. but it seems to me that this call blocks if the other server is not responding (e.g. if you enter a not existing ip). (i'm not 100% sure whether its this line but it seems obvious...)

is there a possibility to define a timeout for the ECF backend? the webserver waits on a requests which can take up to several minutes...

greetings,
mike