[p2-dev] How to query feature's plugins/IUs from p2 metadata?

Hi,

I'd need to query plugins that belong to a certain feature (defined with <plugin>-elements on feature.xml).

My current functionality gets the requirements with org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.getRequirements() method and then removes those requirements that are not found as installable units on repository.
Drawback of this approach is it lists even those requirements that are not listed as <plugin> in the feature.xml.

The query also lists feature itself not just the plugins. Features seem to have (org.eclipse.update.install.features=true) filter defined on metadata, but can I trust that all features have it and no plugin will have it?

So in short: is it possible to get a listing of <plugin> elements defined for a feature?

Best regards,

Mika Immonen, Senior Software Developer
Tieto Finland Oy, R&D Services

Back to the top