[p2-dev] Strange trouble with prestartupdate example

Hi all,

I hope for some help, as I do not understand whats happening there. I built the prestartupdate example on the 3.6M7 codebase. Im running on windows 7 64bit so with a sun vm. I had to make some tweaks on the product configuration. I deployed the repository to my webserver and modified p2.inf to:

instructions.configure=\
  addRepository(type:0,location:http${#58}//www.eiswind.de/demo/repository);\
  addRepository(type:1,location:http${#58}//www.eiswind.de/demo/repository);

I tried with file:// before and wondered if i got the syntax wrong, so i gave at least a try with http:

I put two log statements in p2util:

Activator.getDefault().getLog().log(new Status(IStatus.INFO, Activator.PLUGIN_ID, "Checking for updates"));
UpdateOperation operation = new UpdateOperation(session);
SubMonitor sub = SubMonitor.convert(monitor, "Suche nach updates 2...", 200);
IStatus status = operation.resolveModal(sub.newChild(100));
Activator.getDefault().getLog().log(status);
if (status.getCode() == UpdateOperation.STATUS_NOTHING_TO_UPDATE) {
return status;
}

Everything else is unchanged from the cvs repostiory.

when i build this app and run it outside eclipse I never get to the second log statement, no error, no exception. the app starts up as if nothing happened.

see the log here:
!SESSION 2010-05-14 16:03:56.476 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_18
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.examples.rcp.prestartupdate 1 0 2010-05-14 16:04:00.372
!MESSAGE Checking for updates

thats it. no second log entry.

I guess I make some stupid mistake here but I dont get why I do not get to the second log statement. this seems all strange to me.

If you could give me any hint or some good questions, I would really appreciate this to get me started with p2.

Regards
Thomas

--
http://www.buchmanager.com