Re: [p2-dev] p2.inf was not picked up during product export

Thank you, Andrew. I'll try the headless build.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

Inactive hide details for Andrew Niefer---05/10/2010 04:32:22 PM---PDE doesn't know about what you might have done in your actiAndrew Niefer---05/10/2010 04:32:22 PM---PDE doesn't know about what you might have done in your actions, you won't be able to get anything o

Andrew Niefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

05/10/2010 04:32 PM

Re: [p2-dev] p2.inf was not picked up during product export

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

PDE doesn't know about what you might have done in your actions, you won't be able to get anything outside the eclipse directory included in the archive when exporting from the UI.

In a headless build you could probably do this using custom assembly scripts to manually add the extra stuff to the archive.

-Andrew

Inactive hide details for Samuel Wu---05/10/2010 03:48:24 PM---Thank you, Andrew, that fixed the problem and directory eclipse/Samuel Wu---05/10/2010 03:48:24 PM---Thank you, Andrew, that fixed the problem and directory eclipse/update_unzip was created . But I hav

Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

05/10/2010 03:48 PM

Re: [p2-dev] p2.inf was not picked up during product export

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you, Andrew, that fixed the problem and directory eclipse/update_unzip was created . But I have another one.
I changed the advice to "unzip(source:${installFolder}/zip/org.zip, target:${installFolder}/../update_unzip);" and expect the update_unzip to be at the same level as the eclipse directory. But it didn't do the trick. I took at look at the cache during the exporting and the unzip touch action works fine to create .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp\update_zip alone with .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\assemblyLocation\tmp\eclipse. But directory update_zip was not included in the final zip file. Is this a bug?

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

Inactive hide details for Andrew Niefer---05/10/2010 03:01:34 PM---Hi Samuel, You have "source:zip/org.zip" which is just a relAndrew Niefer---05/10/2010 03:01:34 PM---Hi Samuel, You have "source:zip/org.zip" which is just a relative path, the unzip

Andrew Niefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

05/10/2010 03:01 PM

Re: [p2-dev] p2.inf was not picked up during product export

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Samuel,

You have "
source:zip/org.zip" which is just a relative path, the unzip action doesn't automatically make that relative to anything so it just ends up being relative to the current working directory.

You should put "
unzip(source:${installFolder}/zip/org.zip, target:${installFolder}/update_unzip);"
This worked for me when I tried it.

-Andrew

Inactive hide details for Samuel Wu---05/08/2010 09:19:03 AM---Hello everyone, I created a product which contains a feature. ThSamuel Wu---05/08/2010 09:19:03 AM---Hello everyone, I created a product which contains a feature. There is p2.inf in the

Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/08/2010 09:19 AM

[p2-dev] p2.inf was not picked up during product export

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone,
I created a product which contains a feature. There is p2.inf in the feature which contains the following content.
instructions.configure.import=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.unzip
instructions.configure=unzip(source:zip/org.zip, target:${installFolder}/update_unzip);

The file zip/org.zip is defined by the rootfile attribute in build.properties

root.folder.zip=zip

When product was exported, I could find directory zip under eclipse directory but there was not a update_unzip created. What should I do to make the touch point advice in the file p2.inf be picked up?

Best Regards

Samuel Wu