Re: [p2-dev] Rules pertaining to milestones

Hi Thomas,

That is a good point, we don't state anywhere what the rules are for releasing fixes during the milestone test pass. During the milestone test pass we need to be cautious not to introduce any regressions after the test pass has happened (Monday and Tuesday for M7).

My advise is to get at least one other committer to review any fixes that go into the milestone after the test pass has started. Especially for non-trivial fixes. I don't think we need to be more strict than the rules of engagement for RC1 (http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3.6.php#FixPassAfterRC0)

Tom

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---04/28/2010 01:59:49 AM---I'm trying to find what rules that applies to what milestThomas Hallgren ---04/28/2010 01:59:49 AM---I'm trying to find what rules that applies to what milestones. Checking

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

04/28/2010 01:59 AM

[p2-dev] Rules pertaining to milestones

I'm trying to find what rules that applies to what milestones. Checking
in API changes after M6 wasn't very popular so I figured I'd do things
right this time ;-)

What, rules besides API freeze needs to be considered now? The only
clear set of rules that I could find where the ones listed here and they
don't mention what happens before M7.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/plans/freeze_plan_3.6.php

Where can I find the rest?

My current issue is that I have a fix for a QL bug and I'm uncertain if
I can check it in without review.

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren