Re: Fw: [p2-dev] How to make a root file be at the same level as the directory eclipse?

Root files are always unzipped relative to the root so without a lot of work to rejig how your product is built I think this won't work.
The unzip action on the other hand takes an absolute file path so you might be able to use a relative path like "${installFolder}/../jre" as your target and so long as you can guarantee the install folder is not at the root of a drive it should work. I'm not sure if this is something that others have tried but it was new to me so I wrote a quick test class that worked at least for the most basic case -- definitely worth a try.
-Simon

Inactive hide details for Samuel Wu---04/20/2010 02:17:27 PM---Can someone please shed some light on this one? Thanks. Best RegSamuel Wu---04/20/2010 02:17:27 PM---Can someone please shed some light on this one? Thanks. Best Regards

Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2010 02:17 PM

Fw: [p2-dev] How to make a root file be at the same level as the directory eclipse?

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Can someone please shed some light on this one? Thanks.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu

samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 905-413-2373
Fax: 905-413-4854

----- Forwarded by Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM on 04/20/2010 02:15 PM -----

Samuel Wu/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/19/2010 09:07 AM

[p2-dev] How to make a root file be at the same level as the directory eclipse?

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have a couple of files/folders which are at the same level the directory eclipse. I'm trying to build them into the repository. I've tried to define root file in the build.properties of a feature or using the unzip touch point. I could only move the files/folders under the directory eclipse. Can you please suggest how to make them at the same level as the directory eclipse? Thanks.

Best Regards

Samuel Wu