Re: [p2-dev] How to create zip file which contains a product build?

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Samuel Wu <samuelwu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello there,
> Our product is very similar to Eclipse SDK which contains configuration
> files and folders which are outside the directory features and plugins. With
> the build property p2.gathering=true, we can now generate a P2 repository
> which contains all the features and plugins and the user can install from
> the repository. But we also want to create a zip file which contains
> everything, included eclipse.exe and jre so that the user can just download
> the zip file and unzip it, as they can do with the Eclipse SDK. Can you
> please advise how to do it?

I know in e4 we have 2 more steps after our build finishes building
all of our features and bundles.

First we publish our product using the pde build ant task:
p2.publish.product  That publishes our legacy-eclipse.product IU (and
I think it picks up the p2.inf from our plugin project).

Then we run the director for each combination of os,arch,ws, and zip
up the results.

e4/org.eclipse.e4.ui/examples/org.eclipse.e4.ui.examples.legacy.workbench
is our product plugin, and
e4/releng/org.eclipse.e4.builder/builder/general/customTargets.xml
contains our product publish and director scripts.  They're both in
/cvsroo/eclipse

Later,
PW

--