Re: [p2-dev] Generation of content.jar for "category" child in Composite Repos... How?

Pascal wrote two blog for it.

http://lenettoyeur-on-eclipse.blogspot.com/2009/11/categorizing-plug-ins.html
http://lenettoyeur-on-eclipse.blogspot.com/2009/11/nesting-categories.html

--
Best Regards,
Meng Xin(Kane)

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 13:35 -0400, Eric Gwin wrote:
> Hello again, I just discovered how to review and search the web archive
> for this list, and I found the original post and Ian Bull's reply:
> -------------
> Sorry, I just saw your e-mail now and it doesn't appear to be answered.
>
> It looks like you are trying to add the category to the composite
> repository. You should add the category to a child repo, and add the
> child repo to the composite repository.
>
> HTH.
> Ian
> -------------
>
> Unfortunately, I'm looking for the specifics of exactly 'how' to do what
> Ian suggested. I'm running 'headless', so need to know the app and
> parameters to use to generate the "category only" child repo within the
> composite repo.
>
> Technically, I think I only need to generate the category repo, and can
> then use it to populate the child repo using p2.mirror. However the
> actual step to create the category repo (content.jar) is completely missing.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Eric
>
> Eric Gwin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > About this time last year, Kim Moir posted a blog on how to generate
> > categories as a child in a composite repository
> > (http://relengofthenerds.blogspot.com/2009_05_01_archive.html). The
> > actual creation of the content.jar was not covered, and she suggested
> > in her blog that the question of "How do I use p2 to create this
> > xml/jar?" be asked here.
> >
> > I don't have history on this mailing list that goes back that far.
> > Assuming the question was asked, and answered, could someone please
> > forward it to me or respond to the blog post with the instructions? If
> > the former, I'll happily do the latter for posterity.
> >
> > Thanks.

Back to the top