[p2-dev] p2 API changes

In an effort to clean things up a bit. p2 has released the following low impact changes:

Bug 305334 - Added new methods on MetadataFactory to align with the terminology used in other parts of the API.
	== background == During 3.6, some p2 concepts got renamed however we had missed to rename some methods on the MetadataFactory class. this change introduces new methods matching the new terminology and deprecate the old one. After next week I build we will remove the deprecated methods from the MetadataFactory API.
	== impact == Low, because only very advanced p2 users would use these methods

Bug 304538 - Marked IInstallableUnitPatch#getApplicabilityScope() with at @noreference
 	== background == We did not had the time to review the implication of exposing this concept in the API. We are marking it @noreference because we will change this in the next release.
	== impact == null. Nobody refers to this method except the p2 planner.

Bug 299506 - Marked IRequirementChange#equals() with @noreference

Back to the top