Re: [p2-dev] default p2 profile after product export

If you check the "Generate metadata repository" option in the product export wizard, then the resulting product will have the p2 folder and profile.

-Andrew

From: Michael Mangeng <michael.mangeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/08/2010 10:38 AM
Subject: [p2-dev] default p2 profile after product export
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all!

I'm trying enhancing a server-side product with an update system using p2. Now I'm struggling with the "initial" profile (the one which should be created during the deployment or after the first start.)

Currently i execute a product export within eclipse. My problem is that no default profile is generated. Not with the export nor after the first lauch. (not even a p2 folder).

=> What would be the standard approach for this?

( i would like to export a "minimal product" and let the customer use p2 to install the parts he needs - using a webapp )

I'm using build I20100406-1034

greetings,
Michael