[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [p2-dev] p2 publisher ant task NPE when it runs outside Eclipse IDE
- From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:52:48 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100301 Fedora/3.0.3-1.fc12 Lightning/1.0b1 Thunderbird/3.0.3
On 04/06/2010 11:31 AM, Dmytro Pishchukhin wrote:
I'd like to run p2 publisher ant task
(o.e.e.i.p.p.a.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisherTask) to publish some of our
project bundles to p2 repositories.
Our project is based on Maven and we build our OSGi bundles outside
any IDE from command line (or on our build machine with Apache
After stack trace analyzing I found that the cause of error is missing
of IProvisioningAgent service in BundleContext. BundleContext is not
initialized also as any OSGi framework is started.
1. Is it possible to run p2 publisher ant tasks outside Eclipse IDE?
Yes it is, but you do still need an OSGi framework (i.e. equinox) which
must be started so that services etc. are registered.
2. Are any other ways to publish bundles except Eclipse IDE Wizards
and p2 ant scripts?Take a look at Buckminster (www.eclipse.org/buckminster). It's site.p2
action uses the p2 publisher and you can run it either from your IDE or
call it headlessly from Ant or CI tools.