Re: [p2-dev] p2 publisher ant task NPE when it runs outside Eclipse IDE

On 04/06/2010 11:31 AM, Dmytro Pishchukhin wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I'd like to run p2 publisher ant task (o.e.e.i.p.p.a.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisherTask) to publish some of our project bundles to p2 repositories.

Our project is based on Maven and we build our OSGi bundles outside any IDE from command line (or on our build machine with Apache Continuum).

After stack trace analyzing I found that the cause of error is missing of IProvisioningAgent service in BundleContext. BundleContext is not initialized also as any OSGi framework is started.

Questions:
1. Is it possible to run p2 publisher ant tasks outside Eclipse IDE?

Yes it is, but you do still need an OSGi framework (i.e. equinox) which must be started so that services etc. are registered.

2. Are any other ways to publish bundles except Eclipse IDE Wizards and p2 ant scripts?

Take a look at Buckminster (www.eclipse.org/buckminster). It's site.p2 action uses the p2 publisher and you can run it either from your IDE or call it headlessly from Ant or CI tools.

HTH,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top